The Peterborough Foundation held its 2013 Annual Event at the end of October at Showplace in downtown Peterborough. This years Peterborough Foundation receiptents include:
- Hospice Peterborough received $5000 to develop a teen online grief group
- Peterborough Symphony Orchestra recieved $3500 for a redesign of their website
- Community Counselling and Resource Centre received $5000 for the creation of a website
- Peterborough Abraham Festival received $1000 for the 2013 festival
- Youth Emergency Centre received $2320 to build a client database
- Community Care Peterborough received $2850 for distress alarms
- Peterborough MusicFest recieved $3800 for portable 2 way radios
- Salvation Army received $1000 for the Christmas Hamper fund
- Kawartha Food Share recieved $5000 for the Three Loonies Christmas food drive
- United Way of Peterborough recieved $1000 towards backpacks for kids
- Arbor Theatre received $1000 for the producation of the soundtrack for 'Oliver'
- Community Living Peterborough recieved $4281 for a hoyer lift for a client.
- Quilts for Cancer received $1000 towards material for quilts
- Elizabeth Fry Society received $4000 for a new server and computers
- Reframe Peterborough received $10000 for a projector to be used at Showplace
Krista English from Reframe Peterborough after the event said:
Many thanks to you and the Peterborough Foundation for putting together the lovely afternoon yesterday. I found the all the presentations touching. Hearing the great work being done by wonderful people in Peterborough warms my heart. I also was impressed by the innovative ways that groups are working together. I was telling everyone last night about the Cancer Quilts, the Hospice Work and the fact that the Salvation Army does income taxes for low income people.
As I've said many times before I think there is a very special place for the Peterborough Foundation within our community. When I hear the broad reach of the foundation I'm so glad it's still running separately within the community. The Peterborough Foundation was the very first grant ReFrame received and was instrumental in helping us get off the ground. Although we are a much larger Film Festival now, ten years later, we are still dependant on support from wonderful groups and organizations.
Many thanks again for your support.